Sunday, October 26, 2008

Are You On The Right Road?

In Psalm 27:4 David says "One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in his temple." The one thing David wanted was to dwell in the house of the Lord. Gazing on God's beauty and seeking Him in his temple are the two parts of dwelling. Gazing has to do with worship, experiencing God's presence and seeking Him means to seek God's will and obey it. Some people are just seeking spiritual experiences they have no intention of seeking or obeying his will. This leads to ignorance and spiritual deception. Some people are seeking to know God's will to know God's word but they never gaze into his beauty, this leads to Pharisaic behavior and legalism. Some people have said to me I want to experience God, I want to gaze on his beauty, I want to know God but it never happens to me. my response is if you want to see the Lord go where you know he is going to show up. Be like blind Bartimaeus, when he heard that Jesus was passing by he went to the road that he knew Jesus was traveling on and pitched his tent until Jesus came by. If you want to see Jesus and gaze on his beauty get on the road you know he's traveling on, the road is called obedience. If your on the road of disobedience, the road of selfishness, the road of self-will Jesus doesn't travel on those roads, you will never see him there. Get on the road that Jesus travels on, the road of obedience and you will see the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment