Monday, December 15, 2008

Making Your Blues Go Away Part 7

Sixth You Must Focus On God’s Sovereignty

“In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth and the heavens are the works of Your hands They will perish but you remain...” (Vs. 25-26). When I affirm the truth that God is the undeniable sovereign of the universe and the undeniable sovereign of my life, then the vision of my life changes from the narrow distortions of my mind to the wide horizons of His mind. Regardless of how much your mind and emotions want it not to be true, God is sovereign. We fight this truth because we are controllers, we want to run the show, make all decisions, chart our own course, determine our own destiny, be the captain of our ship, master of our domain, have I quoted enough self help nonsense? You are not in charge, you will never be in charge, you are finite, God is infinite.

No matter how deeply I believe that my depressed feelings are justified or my self-protecting opinions are right, God is the only one who is right, “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts” (Isa.55:8-9). I think that we can rest assured that our thoughts will never rise to the level of God's thoughts and our ways will never rise to the level of His ways. God calls us to humble ourselves and lay all of our treasured opinions at His sovereign feet because He alone is truth, He alone is wisdom, He alone is right. “But you are always the same, and your life never ends” (v.27).

No comments:

Post a Comment