Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Making Your Blues Go Away Part 9

Conclusion:

God is saying, “Reach out to Me, I’m going to walk through this with you and I’m going to sustain you. No matter what, no matter where you are or what you’re going though, I am with you.” When you get blue, when you feel depressed realize that God is not through with you, He is not letting you go, He’s right there with you because he loves you unconditionally.
Listen to God speaking to you right now, right where you sit, receive His word:
1. “Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall” (Psalm 55:22).
2. “For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling that I may walk before God in the light of life” (Psalm 56:13).
3. “Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of Your wings until the disaster has passed” (Psalm 57:1).
4. “I cry out to God most high, to God who fulfills His purposes for me. He sends from heaven and saves me rebuking those who hotly pursue me; God sends His love and His faithfulness” (Psalm 57:2-3).
5. “I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of You among the peoples. For great is Your love reaching to the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the skies” (Psalm 57:9-10).

In order to make you blues go away:
1. Realize everyone gets depressed sometime. No one is immune! It's OK.
2. Face your emotions. Don’t let them control you — they will drain you.
3. Uncover the root. Get your eyes off yourself. God didn’t fail you.
4. Dethrone your feelings. Feelings are to follow what we think and believe. They are not to lead.
5. Remember God’s grace. It is by grace you were saved, it’s by grace you stand.
6. Focus on God’s sovereignty. God is in control of my life.
7. Rest in God’s purpose. God is at work in you.

Are you depressed? Is there something or someone you’re trying to fix? Are you trying to control your world or the world of others? Are you ready to trust the only one who can do all these things? If you are God can make your blues go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment