Saturday, February 6, 2010

He Casts None Away

“Then he said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side.  Do not disbelieve, but believe.’”  John 20:27
“It is hard to imagine anything more tiresome and provoking than the conduct of Thomas . . . . But it is impossible to imagine anything more patient and compassionate than our Lord’s treatment of this weak disciple. . . .
Our Lord has many weak children in his family, many dull pupils in his school, many raw soldiers in his army, many lame sheep in his flock.  Yet he bears with them all and casts none away.”
J. C. Ryle, Expository Thoughts on the Gospels, ad loc.
Ray Ortlund

If you have a weak child in your family are they any less a member of your family? I know what it is to be a dull pupil in school but I was still a pupil. Our problem is when we start thinking we are strong, we are good, we have it together, we have overcome all our problems, and then we find out we are proud, stubborn, and still weak. I can never trust in me! All I am or have comes from Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment