Monday, February 15, 2010

“I feel like a human being”

“Have a reputation for gentleness.”  Philippians 4:5, Phillips
“One of the nicest compliments I have ever heard about L’Abri was from a young architect who made a profession of faith at L’Abri, a young architect from Zurich.  He was saying goodbye one day.  I do not know if you know the Swiss, they often shake hands twice or three times when they are saying goodbye.  Thus, when he came back the second time to shake my hand I thought he was only following the Swiss custom.  But he said, ‘I want to tell you, every time I have been here, I feel like a human being,’ and we shook hands.  I’ve never heard anything nicer than that in my whole life.”
Francis A. Schaeffer, Speaking The Historic Christian Position into the 20th Century (privately published, 1965), pages 125-126.
Ray Ortlund

No comments:

Post a Comment