Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tell The Devil "So What!"

“So when the devil throws your sins in your face and declares that you deserve death and hell, tell him this: "I admit that I deserve death and hell, what of it? For I know One who suffered and made satisfaction on my behalf. His name is Jesus Christ, Son of God, and where He is there I shall be also!”
Martin Luther

This is the beauty of the gospel. When the devil throws my sins in my face I feel like I deserve death and hell. And when I feel like that I don't feel like standing up to the devil. Luther says we need to tell the devil "So What!" I admit devil that what you are saying is true but "So What!"

This is where the gospel kicks in - "For I know one who suffered and made satisfaction on my behalf, his name is Jesus Christ, Son of God." Do you know Jesus the one who suffered for you? Who made satisfaction for you?  If you do you need to tell the devil "So What!" Wherever Jesus is that's where I'll be. This is faith not feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment