Saturday, February 9, 2013

It Doesn't Matter

I walked in the sunshine with a scholar who had effectively forfeited his prospects of academic advancement by clashing with church dignitaries over the gospel of grace. 'But it doesn't matter,' he said at length, 'for I've known God and they haven't.'
--J. I. Packer, Knowing God,
The biggest trials I have gone through in my life have been over the gospel of grace. I have been personally attacked and endured many trials in the ministry, my character has been attacked, and I've lost count of the ways the enemy has tried to discourage me and get me to quit the ministry. I don't know the man Packer is talking but I certainly know exactly what he was talking about. What ever I have lost or forfeited doesn't matter because I know God and have entrusted my life to him and the gospel of grace. There is no other gospel, there is no other way of salvation. I can say with the apostle Paul I am what I am by the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment