Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Freeness Of God's Love

"Nothing could possibly support my soul under the many agonies which oppressed me when on board, except a consideration of the freeness, eternity, and unchangeableness of God's love to me.
I need not fear the sight of sin when I have a perfect, everlasting righteousness wrought out for me by Jesus Christ....
May he enlighten me more and more to know and feel the mystery of his electing, soul-transforming love. There is nothing like it, to support us under present and all the various future trials. But the Lord has apprehended us and will not let us go. Men and devils may do their worst; our Jesus will allow nothing to pluck us out of His Almighty hands."


George Whitefield -

was an English Anglican preacher who helped spread the Great Awakening in Britain, and especially in the British North American colonies

No comments:

Post a Comment