Thursday, September 18, 2014

God Uses The Weak

J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring--

'I do really wish to destroy it!' cried Frodo. 'Or, well, to have it destroyed. I am not made for perilous quests. I wish I had never seen the Ring! Why did it come to me? Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess: not for power or wisdom, at any rate. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.'


'But I have so little of any of those things!'

God choose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what Is weak in the world to shame the strong (1 Cor 1:27)
God uses the foolish and the weak, the low and the despised even things that are not to bring to nothing things that are. Why does God do this? "So that no human being might boast in the presence of God" (1 Cor 1:29)


Have you ever felt like Frodo? That's actually a good place to be its the place where God can use you.

No comments:

Post a Comment