Friday, May 15, 2015

Blues legend B.B. King dies at age 89


Riley B. King, the legendary guitarist known as B.B. King, whose velvety voice and economical, expressive style brought blues from the margins to the mainstream, died Thursday night.
I have always told people I was mentored by the Kings, B.B. Albert and Freddie. I taught myself how to play blues lead guitar by sitting in my room with my record player, Electric guitar and amp. I would listen to B.B. King's album "Lucille" and play along with B.B. When I was living in Chicago in the early 70's and playing in the Sam Lay Blues Band I saw B.B. play live. One of my favorite songs is "Every Day I Have The Blues" One of my favorite albums is "Riding With The King" by Eric Clapton and B.B. King. I still play the blues and I still love the blues, my soul is colored blue.
I almost forgot B.B.'s guitar was named LUCILLE, The lead singer for the Sam Lay Blues Band was LUCILLE Spann widow of the great Otis Spann legendary blues piano player, I owned a B.B. King Lucille guitar and my wife's name is Lucille.

No comments:

Post a Comment