Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Working Of God's Word

"In short, I will preach it, teach it, write it, but I will constrain no man by force, for faith must come freely without compulsion. Take myself as an example. I opposed indulgences and all the papists, but never with force. I simply taught, preached, and wrote God's Word; otherwise I did nothing. And while I slept, or drank Wittenberg beer with my friends Philip and Amsdorf, the Word so greatly weakened the papacy that no prince or emperor ever inflicted such loses upon it. I did nothing; the Word did everything." Martin Luther

Our confidence must be in the Word of God not our ability, or our programs, or our music, or the latest bestseller, or our advertising, only the Word of God can accomplish God's purposes and change lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment