Friday, January 28, 2011

The Fifty Fruits of Pride: A Self-Diagnostic

1. Want to be Well Known or Important (Isaiah 14:13-15; James 3:13-16; Romans 12:6)
  • “I am selfishly ambitious. I really want to get ahead and make a name for myself. I want to be someone important in life. I like having a position or title. I far prefer leading to following.”
2. Sinfully Competitive
  • “I am overly competitive. I always want to win or come out on top and it bothers me when I don‟t.”
3. Want to Impress People (Luke 10:38-42)
  • “I want people to be impressed with me. I like to make my accomplishments known.”
a. Clothes or jewelry you wear.
b. Vehicle you drive.
c. Furniture you own.
d. House you live in.
e. Place you live.
f. Company you work for.
g. Amount of money you earn.
h. Food you eat.
i. How spiritual you are.
j. What you look like (physical appearance).
k. What you have accomplished.
l. What you know.
m. Where you went to school.
n. Who you know.
o. What your background is.

4. Draw Attention to Myself (Proverbs 27:2)
  • “I like to be the center of attention and will say or do things to draw attention to myself.”
5. Like to Talk About Myself
  • “I like to talk, especially about myself or persons or things I am involved with. I want people to know what I am doing or thinking. I would rather speak than listen. I have a hard time being succinct.”
Here is the first five, if you want to take the whole self-diagnostic click here:
The Fifty Fruits of Pride: A Self-Diagnostic

No comments:

Post a Comment