Friday, April 20, 2012

Home At Last - Looking Forward To My Real Home

Jewel the unicorn in The Last Battle at the end of all things in Narnia:

 “I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here.
This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now.”
"These men of faith I have mentioned died without ever receiving all that God had promised them; but they saw it all awaiting them on ahead and were glad, for they agreed that this earth was not their real home but that they were just strangers visiting down here. And quite obviously when they talked like that, they were looking forward to their real home in heaven. If they had wanted to, they could have gone back to the good things of this world. But they didn't want to. They were living for heaven. And now God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has made a heavenly city for them."
Hebrews 11:13 - 16 - The Living Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment