Wednesday, September 12, 2012

How To Insult God

" But when it is freely, freely, freely, men turn away. "What! am I to have it for nothing at all, without doing anything?" Yes, Sir, you are to have it for nothing, or else not at all; it is "freely." "But may I not go to Christ, lay some claim to his mercy, and say, Lord, justify me because I am not so bad as others?" It will not do, Sir, because it is "by his grace." "But may I not indulge a hope, because I go to church twice a day?" No, Sir; it is "by his grace." "But may I not offer this plea, I mean to be better?" No, sir; it is "by his grace." You insult God by bringing your counterfeit coin to pay for his treasures." C.H. Spurgeon                                           

This is so hard for people to accept. There is something in every human being that wants to earn something from God or to pay for something that God gives for free."We are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:24 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment