Wednesday, October 1, 2014

God's Grace Is Here If You Will Receive It

What God did at Calvary was grace. Jesus didn’t die for his friends, he died for his enemies, and he died for us. That’s grace. That’s going beyond the ordinary or what’s expected. All the human race can expect is divine wrath but God comes and says, “I’m going to give you grace instead of wrath because of my Son”.

The grace of God is here for the human race. Christ died on the cross for them. But the human race says, “No, I’m doing it my own way”. Jeremiah says, “That’s bad news because it’s not in you to direct your steps, to lead your own life”. This is the issue in man’s rebellion against God. Man thinks I can come up with my own way to save myself, I don’t have to believe in Jesus or all that Bible stuff, I can do it my own way. God says there is only one way. Jesus is the only door, he is not one of many doors. This is the struggle— the struggle for control.

You must understand this is the battle we face in presenting the gospel. To accept Christ man has to give up the control he thinks he has (which is an illusion anyway) he has to repent and believe the gospel. This issue of control is at the heart of all our struggles and still must be dealt with even after you come to Christ.

This is from the message "The Need For Brokenness And Correction"

No comments:

Post a Comment