Sunday, November 11, 2018

A Song For Sunday - Everybody Wants to go to Heaven = Albert King

A Song for Sunday – “Everybody Wants to go to Heaven” Albert King wrote this song and it appeared on his 1971 album “Lovejoy” the lyrics say, “Everybody wants to laugh, but nobody wants to cry.” “Everybody wants to hear the truth, but everybody wants to tell a lie.” “Everybody wanna know the reason, without even asking why.” “Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.” We try hard to hang on to life for as long as we can, because nobody wants to die. There is great comfort and peace in knowing where you will go when you die. Jesus said, “truly truly I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment but has passed from death to life.” (John 5:24) The Apostle Paul said, “For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain” (Philippians 1:21) I know that on the very last day I live on this earth and take my last breath, the next moment I will be in heaven with my savior Jesus Christ, and be with him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment