Saturday, February 2, 2019

Learning to Laugh More

“You have as much laughter as you have faith.” 
― Martin Luther


As usual Luther has an interesting take on laughter. I believe this is true because you don’t really see people filled with doubt’s laughing very much. To doubt means to be without a way, you simply do not know what to do. People with even less laughter are those in unbelief. Unbelief means you know what to do but you will not do it. This is the sin the Israelites committed in the wilderness, and the sin we are warned against in Hebrews three. Unbelief is also translated disobedience in the New Testament. On the positive side the more faith, the more trust you have in God relieves the pressure of having to trust in yourself and sets your soul free to laugh. You can laugh because you don’t take yourself very seriously, you don’t obsess over minor issues in life. You do not worry because you know God is in control and you’re not. You can laugh at yourself. The more faith I have the more I can laugh even in the face of trials and difficulties because I am trusting in my Heavenly Father to take care of me. I hope this little exhortation helps you and frees up your ability to laugh.


If you have questions about God, about Jesus Christ, or life in general you can contact me at freerblues@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment