Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Legendary American Bluesman Lucky Peterson, master of the blues guitar and the Hammond B3, has died at the age of 55

I met Lucky Peterson when he was 5 years old in 1969. These pictures are from my time in The Garfield Blues Band. We played at the Governors Inn, a bar owned by Lucky's father James Peterson. Not long after this I moved to Buffalo NY to play bass for Little Lucky. We opened for James Brown at War Memorial Stadium that fall. I went with Lucky and his father to NYC to meet Willie Dixon and spent a week with and a couple of guitar players from Chicago. We recorded at Columbia studios and there was talk of Lucky appearing on The Ed Sullivan show, which actually happened later. That's me playing bass in the bottom picture.

2 comments:

  1. Bless you, Brother !! I appreciate you as a friend and a Brother in the Lord. May He continue to bless your life as well as your family. I'm proud to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete