Monday, October 13, 2008

Thoughts on this Past Weekend

It's Monday moaning, and I thought I would write a few words about this weekend. Friday night I watched a movie called "Redbelt" written and directed by David Mamet. Mamet has written and sometimes directed some of my favorite movies. Movies like House of Games, Ronin, The Winslow Boy, Heist, Spartan, The Spanish Prisoner and The Edge. I really enjoyed this movie. Saturday I had breakfast with some of the men from the Church and then they came over to my house to do some things I'm just not gifted to do. This work day was part of Pastor's appreciation, the Sunday before there was a special meal after Church featuring soul food. The rest of Saturday I spent getting ready for Sunday. I spoke on the problem of foolishness from Psalm 14. There is a deep vein of foolishness in every human being. Every child that is born is born a fool, its the responsibility of parents to drive it out. Its easy to see foolishness in children and then deal with it but when you see foolish in adults its very difficult to deal with. After Church we had a team meeting of ministry leaders,and then out to lunch. I then went home and watched the second half of the Detroit Lions loss. Its very difficult being a pro football fan in Detroit. Fortunately we have the Red Wings and the Pistons.

No comments:

Post a Comment