Tuesday, December 16, 2014

No Reason But Grace Alone

I would have to agree with Spurgeon when he said, "I cannot understand the reason why I am saved, except upon the ground that God would have it so. I cannot, if I look ever so earnestly, discover any kind of reason in myself why I should be a partaker of Divine grace. If I am not at this moment without Christ, it is only because Christ Jesus would have his will with me, and that will was that I should be with him where he is, and should share his glory. I can put the crown nowhere but upon the head of him whose mighty grace has saved me from going down into the pit." Charles Spurgeon

All I can say is amen I cannot give any reason why God should have saved me except the words of the Apostle Paul, Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost" Nothing in my hands I bring simply to thy cross I cling, oh lamb of God I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment