Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Realizing Your Age



This is a recent picture of my four children. On the left is Jeffery my youngest son who is 21 years old. Next is Jason second oldest son who is 28 years old. The youngest and apple of her dads eye is my daughter Jessica who is 17 years old and soon to graduate from high school. On the right is my oldest son Jeremy who is 32 years old. This is making me feel really old. I turn 59 in August and have come to realize just how short life really is. The other fact that has hit me is, dealing with children's problems are a piece of cake compared to dealing with the adult problems of your own children. I am looking forward to one of the kids getting married but I'm not sure which one. I'm not close to being a grand-father but I feel like one. The preacher said "Remember also your creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near of which you will say, I have no pleasure in them" and then he goes on to describe the body falling apart in old age. he concludes by saying "Fear God and keep his commandments for this is the whole duty of man." My own personal translation of this verse is "Know who's in charge and do what he says this is what it's all about."

No comments:

Post a Comment