Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What’s Wrong With the World?

Paul David Tripp gives the following answer:
“I must face the fact that my greatest need is not environmental. My greatest need does not derive from the fact that the brokenness of the Fall fractures every situation, every relationship, and every context. Yes, all my relationships are flawed in some way. And no, the world around me does not operate as God intended. But this environmental brokenness is not my greatest, deepest, most abiding problem. No matter what I face in this fallen world, my greatest problem in life exist inside of me and not outside of me. Sure, I want to think that it is…
My spouse
My children
My neighbors
My extended family
My history
My church
My job
My friends
My boss
My community
My finances
The government
The traffic
The Internet
Society in general
And the list could go on and on.
But the Bible tells me something very different. Even though my environment has been broken by sin, my biggest problem is moral. There is something wrong inside of me, and in one way or another it influences everything I desire, think, choose, say, and do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment