Monday, October 18, 2010

The Gospel is not a Second Chance

No, the gospel is not primarily a second chance for you to get your life back on the right track.  Rather, it’s a decisive declaration that your life is utterly jacked up and hopeless, but that the King of the universe came to live the life you should have lived and he died for you. The gospel is the greatest news in the world that Jesus is your very life.  You don’t add an ounce of merit.
I use the gospel all the time in a second chance kind of way.  I use Jesus to live a better life, hoping that the Father will be pleased.  Oh how I hope that I will do that less and less and see more and more that Jesus was, is and will be everything for me forever.  I add nothing to the equation, except for the fact that He chose to pour out his love on me!
  Its A Beautiful Gospel

No comments:

Post a Comment