Seventh You Need To Rest In The Purpose Of God
To the discouraged, life seems like an endless spiral. You get caught in waves of negative emotions spinning out of control, going nowhere. But God Has not forsaken you. He has a specific purpose for you life and no matter how black the circumstances or how empty the heart, God is committed to finishing His work in you. “The children of Your servants will live in Your presence: their descendants will be established before you” (v.28).
Because depression heightens our feeling of fear and insecurity we need to lay hold of the truth of God’s enduring work in our lives, “He who began a good work in you, will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” (Phil.1:6).
Truth we need to know to make our blues go away:
1. The finished work does not depend on you. What He started He will finish.
2. You cannot fix yourself. This is hard for most people to come to grips with because we still want to believe that we can fix ourselves or that we can save ourselves.
3. You can not make yourself better. We work very hard to change ourselves and think that while it takes God to save you we can make some positive changes.
4. You cannot control your world or the world of others.
5. But you can trust the one who can! You can rely on the fact that God will complete everything that concerns you, everything His great love has purposed for you.
Depression builds an emotional wall that is difficult but not impossible to cross when we are depressed or when we feel alone and abandoned. But even when we feel abandoned, God is there. He will never leave us or forsake us. He is in the fire. He is in the flood. He is in the dark night of the soul. No matter what He is not a delinquent Father, God can not and will not abandon His children, in that you can trust.
Post a Comment